Tips for Applying
Tips for Applying
For the current list of career opportunities and a hassle-free job application, please visit our Job Opportunities section. We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however only those selected for the interview will be contacted.
Here are a few tips that might be helpful as you apply:
- Provide the competition number in your cover letter, resume and subject line of the email
- If you are applying for multiple positions, please submit a separate resume for each job
- Your resume should include a contact phone number, email, past employers and duration of employment, description of relevant experiences, education, and certifications
- All resumes must be submitted on or before the competition closing date
- To be considered for the job, candidates must meet the minimum qualifications and be legally entitled to work in Canada
- We accept resumes in MS Word or .pdf formats
Frequently Asked Questions
When applying for several positions with the Fort McKay Group of Companies, do I have to submit a resume for each competition?
Yes. If you are applying for more than one position, a separate resume is required for each position. Every competition is considered separately.
How are applicants assessed?
All applicants are assessed relative to the job requirements. Meeting the minimum position requirements does not automatically qualify you as a shortlisted or selected for the position. All applicants are assessed on a competitive basis.
How long does the selection process take?
Most competitions are completed within a three-week time frame. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Does the Fort McKay Group of Companies hire seasonal workers?
Yes. Seasonal employment is full-time, part-time, or on-call work, which generally lasts from 1 to 6 months. Most of our seasonal jobs typically involve labour related activities.
If I am selected for employment with the Fort McKay Group of Companies, do I have to go through the pre-employment or skill testing?
Yes. As a condition of employment for applicable positions, selected candidates are required to successfully pass the following:
- Alcohol and drug testing
- Nurse health assessment
- Audio testing
- Spirometry and mask fit testing (only required for certain jobs)
Can I work in two or more jobs at the same time with the Fort McKay Group of Companies?
No. You can hold only one position at a time with our company.