Our commitment to safety
We believe that safety is everyone’s responsibility and can only be achieved through the active participation of everyone within the organization.
We are committed to ensuring "no harm" to our most valuable assets our people. We achieve this by:
- Promoting personal safety among the workforce
- Ensuring all our leaders are competent and equipped to provide clear and concise work direction at all times
- Providing and maintaining a working environment that promotes and maintains physical, psychological and social well being of workers
- Integrating Health, Safety and Environment elements into Operational Processes from start to finish
- Striving for excellence in Safety Performance by making continuous improvement an essential component of our Health, Safety and Environment management Systems
- Stewarding to Corporate Health, Safety and Environment Goals through effective communication and accountability
Fort McKay Group of Companies’ leadership and management is responsible and accountable for providing a safe work environment with proper equipment, clear instructions, training and programs to ensure that all employees are prepared to work safely.
To balance safety, production and client demands, we use a state-of-the-art Health and Safety Management System called eCompliance to promote transparency, worker engagement and provide leadership with real time safety performance data. To support our continuous improvement, we maintain strong partnerships and relationships with industry safety partners, associations and service providers.
Some of our recent achievements and safety recognition includes:
- May 2021 - Beaver Creek Wood Bison Ranch celebrates 17 years without a recordable injury
- Canadian Business Awards 2019 - Best Oilfield Construction and Services Company 2019
- October 20, 2017 - Fort McMurray Chamber of Commerce Business and Community Recognition Awards 2017